[SunRescue] A small problem, perhaps.

Hatle, Steven J. steveh at vue.com
Fri Nov 19 08:15:35 CST 1999

------_=_NextPart_001_01BF3298.8C2BD050

Interestingly, I also made a trade with an individual from the list for some
SCSI cabinets, trading to him an SBus framebuffer. Since the values involved
were admittedly low, I sent off the card, and waited for the cabinets. After
a decent wait, I inquired of the individual, and got back that he had lost
my address, etc. and would get them out right away. Also- he had received
the card and liked it, thank you very much.

Now after a month, and a couple of e-mail inquiries, still no cabinets.

A second individual from the list has (apparently) stiffed me on another
trade, as well. Of course, that one is the Post Office's fault.  .  .
according to him. I sent him the major piece that I was trading him, which
he received, and he sent me the major pieces I was to receive with USPS
delivery confirmation, which I've never seen. He's never provided any info
from the USPS. I still "owe" him 2 small things, but they're not going out
until I get a solid answer on where the other stuff is.

I've only been burnt twice after extensive buying/selling/trading on the
'Net, and both were within a month and both were from this list. Did I
follow good practice and use COD, etc? No- but then again, I trust people,
and usually have that trust returned.

Don't get me wrong- I like all of the stuff I've learned from this list, and
I think most folks are honorable- and I know for a fact that many of you on
the list are straight shooters. Guess I'll just have to turn into more of a
scrooge and insist on things like COD, or some way to verify a trade before
the next time I make a deal.

Steve