[SunRescue] type 4 keyboard

Peter Koch koch at pz.pirmasens.de
Thu Nov 11 02:48:10 CST 1999

Hi!

>> I am currently using a type 5 keyboard and it isnt recognizing that I even
>You'll need an old Type3 keyboard for that machine

Nope. 3/80's came with type 4 keyboards and type 5 keyboards
work, although they're sometimes (older prom revs) not recognized
as type 5 (it says type 2, funny, isn't it!).

The 3/80 does have the small round mini-DIN connector.
For my other Sun3's i've made little adapters. Works great.

I'd say either the keyboard, the cable or the serial port
is defective. Try another keyboard. And inspect the cable
connectors (for broken or bent pins).

Good luck!

Peter