[SunRescue] cycle 5 help...

W. Jeffrey Rankin jeffr at donet.com
Tue Nov 9 20:40:44 CST 1999

Hi -

I'm trying to add a new hard drive to a Sparcstation 2 that's been upgraded
with a Cycle 5 upgrade (110 MHz). I've replaced the old drive (a 500 meg
Fujitsu) with the new (a 2 gig Quantum) drive and successfully installed
Solaris 7 from the CD-ROM. However, when I try to boot I receive the
following message:

Boot device: /iommu/sbus/espdma at 4,8400000,8800000/sd at 3,0 File and args:
The file just loaded does not appear to be executable.
ok

The boot process stops at that point and I'm back at the ok prompt. Anyone
have any ideas?

Thanks -
Jeff Rankin