[SunRescue] Ultrasparc CPU dismantling

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Mon Nov 1 21:44:21 CST 1999

I don't suppose you could take a quick snapshot of that thing for those of
us who don't have Ultras, could ya?  I'd love to see where all of the traces
and resistors are going.
On a similar note, I've determined that the "clock-locking" done on Intel
P-II and P-III CPUs is part of the cartridge, and not part of anything else
(like a prom).  I would guess that Sun has done the same thing, although
it's not as big a deal for them, because they don't have to worry about
people "stealing" clock cycles from their CPUs as Intel does.
	Greg