[SunRescue] Sun SCSI Speeds

Arnach arnach at netscape.net
Mon May 31 07:24:51 CDT 1999

Two questions about my SPARCstation 2 scsi interfaces:

1) Is the internal connection faster than the external? I just got an Artecon
case and want to put an internal hard drive in it. I was wondering if the
external connection on the back is as fast as the internal.

2) Can i boot off an external scsi case?

BTW I just got a Quantum XP32150W, 7200RPM, if anybody can answer these:
1) Can I run it internally in the SUN without overheating.
2) Its 2.1GB, and I can only find information on the XP32150 which is an Atlas
I, but I found a link which shows the XP32150W to be an Atlas II, but the
2.1GB capacity is not listed. Anyone know where I could get a datasheet?
3) Using the Sun paramaters provided by Quantum will the format parameters be
the same for the XP32150 and the XP32150W? I think the only difference is that
the W is ultra-wide, but I've been told its an entirley new family.

Thanks,

Aaron Finley
arnach at netscape.net