[SunRescue] What should I look for?

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Thu May 27 21:30:00 CDT 1999

Hello there!  I've got two Sun workstations, one is a SPARCstation ELC, on
which the monitor doesn't work, and the other is has a label that says
SPARCstation 330, which I haven't been able to find any info on.  Regardless
of what either of those two machines can do, they're certainly not capable
of being a good workstation.  By good I mean one that I can run windows on,
along with Netscape, and hopefully GNOME.  Now, my real question...  What
would be your recommendations for a SUN workstation if I want it to perform
reasonably well, but can't/don't want to spend a fortune on it.  I say the
Ultra 5 on Sun's website, but I'm not sure if I want to spend two grand on
what will probably be a toy until I can get a good office suite and
GroupWare client for it.  Any suggestions?  Thanks,
	Greg

Gregory Leblanc
Network Admin
Concordia University