[SunRescue] [Q] Framebuffer...

emp7 at cornell.edu emp7 at cornell.edu
Thu May 20 19:15:11 CDT 1999

I picked up a Sun 1 today sans framebuffer and managed to dig a buffer
from somewhere else.  Now I know it's a framebuffer since it has the
appropriate 13w3 connector.  But I don't know what kind it is.  And I've
looked up the part number and can't find it in the Sun Hardware Reference.

It's 501-1561-08274.  Does anyone know what I've got?

On a related note, which SBus slot should it go in?  Is there any
performance gain to having it in slot 3 vs. 1?  Will any configurations
"let out the magic smoke?" :-)

Hmmm. I can't think of anything else clueless to ask, so I'll stop now.

BTW, I've got a big old pile of VME graphics accelerators and a copy of
SunOS 4.0.3 on QIC-24 tapes, if anyone wants them.  I'm in central NY.
Take them away!

Thanks a bunch,

--eric