[SunRescue] Well, it's an LX, but it's dead....

James Lockwood james at vaneyck.Gii.Getty.EDU
Mon May 17 12:48:10 CDT 1999

On Mon, 17 May 1999, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> Unfortunately, the LX I bought from him has a defunct "tsunami module,"
> which a little Deja News research shows is the FPU.

You've probably already checked this, but it's worth mentioning.  The LX
will indicate a Tsunami failure if the first half of the first bank of
RAM is filled, but the second half is not.  Since the LX does not have
contiguous RAM slots in each bank, this is easy to do (if you just drop
RAM in the first two slots).

U0304 and U0303 _must_ be filled.  The RAM slot numbering on the
Classic/LX is:

U0401 <== Bank 3
U0302 <== Bank 2
U0303 <== Bank 1
U0402 <== Bank 3
U0301 <== Bank 2
U0304 <== Bank 1

The uSPARC series uses an integrated CPU/FPU, "Tsunami" is the codename
for the entire uSPARC assembly (not just the FPU).

-James