[SunRescue] Any Sun3 freaks in the crowd using NetBSD?????

Martin Frost martin at dsres.com
Fri May 14 11:09:42 CDT 1999

"Michael C. Vergallen" wrote:

> for a 100 USD reg fee donated to the Unix preservation socity
> you can get the old Unix code from sco

Ooooh. Which version(s)?

Is that just the V6 kernel code as printed in the Lions book,
or other versions, utilities, etc?

I'd really like to see the infamous original Bourne shell code,
for one thing. ;)

> would be nice if sun initialised a similar project for their
> ancient code.

I agree that it would be nice. The problem is that SunOS was
based on the BSD versions containing proprietary code, and
so there would probably need to be a considerable amount of
negotiation before this could be released.

--m