[SunRescue] SPARCstation 330 questions...

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Fri May 28 23:35:25 CDT 1999

Well, I'm not getting any responses on the SunHelp list, I thought maybe you
guys would know.  And this really is rescue related, I want to rescue this
machine to that I can use it!  :-)

Someone on the SunRescue list was kind enough to help me open my eyes and
figure out what the little beauty is(4/330).  Now that I know, I've looked
it up in the Sun Hardware Reference, and found some nifty stuff.  The
processor listed in part one is a CY7C601.  However, that's not what my CPU
is labeled.
LSIL1A4839
100-1778-03
SUN MICRO-A
TAC8929
I've got a Sun Field Engineer Handbook, but it only goes back as far as the
Sun 4m CPU's.  Can anybody tell me if this is the same CPU that came with
the board?
Next question:  Where on this board would I find the Sun P.N.?  I've removed
the framebuffer, which connects directly to the mainboard, but I don't see a
sun P.N. anyplace.  :-(
Last question, for now:  How do I take the ram off of this board?!?
Thanks in advance,
	Greg