[SunRescue] Speaking of ELC's

Mark Davies MarkUK at uunix.demon.co.uk
Fri May 28 03:54:34 CDT 1999

In message <004d01bea8b9$752a11a0$0500a8c0 at downstairs>, pwz
<pwz at pghfamily.net> writes
>Anybody have any hints tips or suggestions on tweeking around with an old ELC to
>brighten the screen ?
>
>Also have an old SLC I most forgot about that has white lines across the to 1.5
>- 2 inches of the screen.
>Hint tips and adjustment suggestions. For some reason a breaking down filter cap
>comes to my mind
>from somewhere long long ago but can't remember which one to poke and hope
>change out ??
>
>Thanks in advance
>pwz ii
I also have this problem, with a monchrome SUN monitor 17SMM1

about 14 very thin lines about 5 mill apart(??)

it has nothing to do with the framebuffers (I have tried it on 3
systems) and 2 different cables.

Cheers..
Mark Davies    http://www.uunix.demon.co.uk

SunSPARC          Solaris 2.6 / Solaris 1.1.2
SunSPARC          Solaris 1.1.2
HP Netserver 133  Win98 (sorry....)
IBM AS/400        OS/400 V3R1M0
IBM PS/VP         OS/2 V3 Connect (AC/400)
Acorn A4 Risc     OS3.1
Acorn A410/i      OS3.11
(still playing FOOTBALL MANAGER from 1984)

(Also @ markuk.uunix at virgin.net)
Always looking for interesting equipment (unix stuff main)
Global positioning : UK, England, Worcestershire, Bromsgrove.
[C&G424-'C','C++'while( interest != doom);-)