[SunRescue] Sources for plastic standoff screws?

James Lockwood lockwood at ISI.EDU
Sat May 22 16:14:36 CDT 1999

On Fri, 21 May 1999, Tim Hauber wrote:

> When I was playing with mine I looked at them, and they looked like a
> standard thread to me.  My local hardware store has a section of nylon
> hardware in that aisle of little plastic drawers :-) And I imagine you
> could find a match there.  When I get home I'll check the
> thread/size/length of the OEM unit and post it for convenience.

If you can't find them locally (or if you can find the screws but not the
standoffs) then I highly recommend the mecca of all electronic hardware,
Digi-Key (www.digikey.com, 1-800-DIGI-KEY).  They stock various nylon
screws and standoffs (check section "I" of their catalog IIRC) and
thousands of other useful parts.

I ordered a couple of their nylon hardware assortments about 10 years ago
and have been using them ever since.  I considerably prefer then to metal
screws whenever working with computer parts (unless you need to ground
something through the screw hole).

-James