[SunRescue] Sources for plastic standoff screws?

Tim Hauber Tim_Hauber at STEV.net
Fri May 21 11:02:04 CDT 1999

rescue at sunhelp.org,Internet writes:
>ANybody know where I can get plastic screws used with the standoffs on a
>4/6x0MP motherboard to attach the CPU modules and "lock" them down
>securely?
>
>From the handbook:
>
>"Use Standoff 330-1372-01 and Screw 230-1261-01, or use Standoff
>330-1477-01,
> to fasten the MBus and SBus cards to the CPU. "
>
> So, I need some "Screw 230-1261-01"s.  Looks like just using metal screws
> wont do - the tolerance/closeness to the pins coming off the support
>chips
> on the SM100 modules is too darn close...
>
> Suggestions?  I've finally got teh board (thanks JG), populated it with
> the last of my precious 4mb 30pin SIMMs (to 128mb), and have the CPU
>modules
> mounted.. now I just need to secure the CPUs down, and find a SCSI disk..
>
> Bill

When I was playing with mine I looked at them, and they looked like a
standard thread to me.  My local hardware store has a section of nylon
hardware in that aisle of little plastic drawers :-) And I imagine you
could find a match there.  When I get home I'll check the
thread/size/length of the OEM unit and post it for convenience.

On a related issue, SBUS cards in my 690 use a flat faceplate that is
screwed thru the faceplate of the VME card they are mounted to.  I have
borrowed the framebuffer and a Diff SCSI card from my 690 to put in my
IPC, which uses the hooked faceplate.  I assume (I know, dangerous) that
the actual faceplate is the only difference and was wondering if someone
had some dead or useless hook type (which are used in all the Desktop and
Shoenbox SSs I have seen) Cards from which I could scrounge two faceplates
so the cards didn't wiggle in the IPC

TIm Hauber

"Proximity to wonder has blunted our perception and appreciation of it"
--Tim Hartnell in 'Exploring ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE on your Commodore 64'