[SunRescue] WTB: SPARCstation 1s

Bill Bradford mrbill at frenzy.com
Sun May 16 15:52:21 CDT 1999

SunHELP readers:

I'm looking for a quantity (5-10) of SPARCstation 1 machines,
without framebuffers, hard drives, or floppies - I just need
the bare case/power supply/motherboard, and if possible, the
system full of 1mb SIMMs (16mb RAM).

Why?

I'm building a cluster, for experimental purposes, using the
chassis of the 4/690MP I recently cleared all the parts out of.
I plan to boot the machines diskless, running off a central SS1
with a couple of gig of space, and play around with Beowulf
clustering.

If you've got SS1s or SS1+s lying around, and are willing to
let them go for cheap, please let me know.

Thanks.

Bill

Bill Bradford * mrbill at frenzy.com * mrbill at sunhelp.com
   http://www.sunhelp.com / http://www.sunhelp.org