[SunRescue] Any Sun3 freaks in the crowd using NetBSD?????

Michael C. Vergallen mvergall at mail.double-barrel.be
Fri May 14 10:49:21 CDT 1999

>> Yes... I would like to have a copy of the older sunos revs ... but what
>> would really be grand is a copy of the SunOS 4.1.1U1 and earlyer source
>> code so we could fix the Y2K bugs ourselves and keep those older boxes
>> ticking over without having to figet and install the libc and all the
>> problem tools from netbsd.
>
>Heiko (sun3arc.krupp.net) has a number of y2k patches, although I have
>not gotten around to try them, yet.  Mebbie it would be a good project
>for the list?

Yes I know and their is a link to an other site from that page that has some
more Y2K fixes but they are bases on the libc from netbsd. Like SCO gives the
source to their oldest code away.. for a 100 USD reg fee donated to the Unix
preservation socity you can get the old Unix code from sco ..would be nice if
sun initialised a similar project for their ancient code. I would register for
that straight away...as I think would others who have systems from a bygone age.
You know they practically give Solaris 7 away ..all good and well for poeple
who have more modern stuff but for those who have ancient systems that does not
help ..

Michael.