[SunRescue] ss 4/470 for sale or trade

Bill Bradford mrbill at frenzy.com
Tue Jun 29 18:34:52 CDT 1999

On Tue, Jun 29, 1999 at 04:38:42PM -0400, Kent Rankin wrote:
> >> actually, that's a terrible idea. ebay doesn't allow buyers to make bids
> >> consisting of old hardware. bah.
> >They dont?  Thats news to me.. They even have some categories (two of my
> >favorites):
> > computers - hardware - mainframes
> > computers - hardware - vintage
>     Hey now... mainframe gear still has quite a place.  Why just recently I
> was working on a set of five IBM S/390 G5's, and let me tell you... it beats
> anything Sun has ever made.  =)  You want to talk about power?  Eek...
>     However, their OS's and interfaces suck.  And I don't mean that lightly,
> so, in the end I love workstations and supers... sigh... =)
>                                             -Kent Rankin

Personally, I have a love affair with "big iron".  I"ve got most of a 4/690MP
in my garage, and talked with a guy today about obtaining another , or at
least the guts to one.. my ideal acquisition would be a PDP-11, tho - I've
always wanted one, and now I have a rack (an empty 690 chassis) to put it
in...

If I only had the money and a truck to collect stuff fulltime..

Bill

Bill Bradford * mrbill at frenzy.com * mrbill at sunhelp.com
   http://www.sunhelp.com / http://www.sunhelp.org