[SunRescue] Help on IPC Kybrd input

bobk bobk at sinister.com
Sun Jun 6 10:49:14 CDT 1999

On Sat, 5 Jun 1999, pwz wrote:

> Hello
>
> Anybody have info on the circuit for the IPC keyboard input ??

Sorry, I don't.

> Have one here I rescued that seems to work but doesnt see the keyboard.
>
> Keyboard & keyboard fuses F0901 are OK.
> I haven't taken the meter to the socket yet  but would guess that it's dead
> the fellow I got it from seem to think it was power supply problems.

This reminded me of an odd thing that I had happen: a keyboard and mouse
that I received did not include a mouse pad, i dutifully tracked one down
to not have it work with the mouse - yeach. I get another mouse and THAT
doesn't work either! I get a THIRD mouse and I am told that this mouse
definitely works - but it doesn't for me. I borrow a keyboard from a
friend and find that ALL MY MICE WORK. Odd. Later, I get a new type 5
keyboard but without mouse or cables. I think my problem is solved...NOPE.

It was the cable from the ss2 to the keyboard. I replaced it, and all
works fine.

By the way, anyone have a good cheap source of these?

--that damned vegetarian longhaired yankee Bob Keyes