[SunRescue] Sparc 2's rescued- interested?

Steve Hatle shatle at vue.com
Wed Jun 23 19:56:03 CDT 1999

I've come across a quantity of approx 8 Sparc 2's with color monitors from a
local academic institution.

They have between 32 and 48 megs of RAM, anywhere from 200 to 400 meg of
hard drive and cgsix or GX framebuffers. Oh, and they're somewhat
prominently branded "Property of St. Olaf College". It's my alma mater, so I
at least get a perverse sense of satisfaction from it <grin>.

Monitors are either the Sony 16" or the newer 17".

I didn't get them for free; I'm thinking of asking $250-300 depending on
config. Does anyone think that's out of line?

Or, if you're interested, let me know.

I haven't gotten them all yet, but the above configs are based on the first
group I've gotten. I could probably jump a few up to 1 gig hard drives
depending on my supply.

So - looking for feedback on price, or interested buyers <grin>.

TIA

Steve