[SunRescue] Ross SM100 CPU Module Question

James Lockwood lockwood at ISI.EDU
Fri Jun 4 11:59:11 CDT 1999

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Mark Yankee wrote:

> Thanks for the info.  Can you mix revisions (8 and up) on the same board?

Yes, this should not be a problem.

> I'm going to be putting this into a 4/330 box.  Is there anything special I
> need to do for it to work?

If the backplane was jumpered correctly for a 4/330 it should just plug in
and work.

> Also, I think you were discussing the 4/330 501-1436 memory expansion board
> before.  Is it possible to fill up 8 of the 16 sockets with 4mb simms and
> have the board work in conjunction with a 4/330 system board with boot prom
> version 3.0.1 (which doesn't support 4mb simms)?

Yes, you can fill 8 sockets with 4mb SIMMs, but you must jumper the board
correctly.  I think you'll need to put a jumper on J0901 (to select a
half-filled board) and leave the jumper off of J0902 (to select 4mb
SIMMs).

You should be able to get away with an older boot PROM version, but I
don't know for sure.  You can't hurt anything by trying if you've got the
SIMMs available.

-James