[SunRescue] Sparc4 and Sparc5

Chris Conn cconn at abacom.com
Tue Jun 1 09:57:42 CDT 1999

Hello,

I would like to know if a framebuffer in a sparc4 can be used in a
sparc5?  I have yet to know what framebuffer exactly, however are there
any fundemental differences between these two architectures?

Also, for the interested, I have a Ciprico 3523 VME SCSI adapter that I
can't seem to get to be recognized by my Sun3/260.  I am beginning to
believe that they are incompatible.  Anyone know of somewhere I could
get docs?  I have the faint hope that it is a simple jumper, however
that hope is small.  The lights go on, but when I try to do a b
sd(0,0,0) or any request to the sd(), I get a device not found.

Sincerely,

Chris Conn