Re(2): [SunRescue] Re: Speaking of SGI equipment...

Tim Hauber Tim_Hauber at STEV.net
Thu Dec 16 22:37:43 CST 1999

rescue at sunhelp.org,Internet writes:
>Steve Jobs is the John DeLorean of the computer industry -- jump into the
>market, release a technically superior and just plain cool product, only
>to fizzle out due to mismanagement and personal problems.

Speaking of Steve, I really hate his desire to reuse names.  There are now
3 totally different models of G3 Powerbook, and they don't even have
interchangeable batteries! but he insists that they are just "G3
Powerbooks", and the same with the G3 desktop and the iMac, if you aren't
in the Mac loop you will have a heck of a time figuring out which one
anybody is talking about, and he also has lousy taste in keyboards, what
are these little tiny things?  One person commented to me that the had to
put their fingers in a pencil sharpener to use them.  But I think he's
gonna make something fly for once, I think he's finally grown up a little,
and maybe he can get some of his good ideas to market without starting
fights within the company.  I hope so, because the home computer market
was out of choces for a few years, now, even Sam's club is selling iMacs
next to the Windows machines (right down the aisle from the $50
shrinkwrapped RedHat/Intel)

I am now done ranting for the day, and tomorrow I will be busy so you all
will get some peace :-)

Tim