[SunRescue] NetBSD 1.4 miniroot problem fixed

jwbirdsa at carfallin.picarefy.com jwbirdsa at carfallin.picarefy.com
Sun Dec 5 19:37:01 CST 1999

>Someone was mentioning problems with the new NetBSD 1.4 miniroot and I
>happened to be looking through the NetBSD sun3 port mailing list archive and
>I chanced upon the following message.  Hope it helps.

   Thanks, but I already had to go through *that* process (replacement
miniroot for Sun-3's) to be here. My problems are with SPARC 1.4. After
a couple of days of debugging, it looks like nobody ever tried 1.4 with
anything using a VME SCSI card as the boot device! I've already found one
missing chunk of code, without which there isn't a hope in hell of it ever
doing anything but crashing in this configuration, and there may be more.

   --James B.