[SunRescue] Speaking of SGI equipment...

David Cantrell (at home) david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Dec 16 16:42:24 CST 1999

Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>
 wrote:

> Irix takes a bit of getting used to if you're a BSD person...but it's
> quite nice when you get used to it, and it's very, very fast.

Takes a bit of getting used to *whoever* you are.  It is nice though.  For
home use it's excellent, but for a production environment I'm not so sure.
It's ... well, let's be charitable, and say that there's a lot more secure
OSes around.

The GUI sucks too many cycles too, and I'm not brave enough to try removing
it.  I'm *certainly* not brave enough to try installing an OS I'm more
familiar with, such as Linux, on my Indy.