[SunRescue] a sad, sad day

Martin Frost martin at dsres.com
Thu Dec 16 10:28:05 CST 1999

"P.A.Osborne" wrote:

> I'm waiting till we start chucking our 10s 20s 4s and 5s,  but thats
> not likely to happen until the summer.

When you do, let me know. I'll pay good money for 10s and 20s...

> > An SS1000 would be Very Nice, too. ;)

> We just flogged 4 of them for 2500 gbp, I wasnt allowed to skip them
> as apparently they are worth money.

Well specced? Any more going? I'd pay 2500 for a fairly loaded one.

> > btw: Does anyone know of *any* second-hand Sun places in the UK
> > or Europe?

> www.acara.co.uk

> But they want silly money,   example  800gbp for a sparcstation2,
> 64mb ram, 1gb disk, cg3 gfx and 17" monitor.  Fortunately I have
> managed to get three of these my work by supplying the skip!

Yup. It would cost less than that to buy one in the US, pay the
40% import duty and the shipping.

There are often some good deals on Ebay, but quite often they won't
ship outside the US, or there's a big monitor in the bundle which
would cost too much to ship.

Another point: is there a table anywhere of which MBus modules can
go in which machines?

--m