[SunRescue] a sad, sad day

P.A.Osborne P.A.Osborne at ukc.ac.uk
Thu Dec 16 10:09:36 CST 1999

On Thu, Dec 16, 1999 at 03:51:55PM +0000, Martin Frost wrote:
> I'm hoping that this pushes down the second-hand price of SS10s.
> I'd really like a couple of 10s and 20s, but the current prices
> are a bit much, especially with the apparent lack of any second-
> hand Sun shops in Europe (adding shipping and up to 40% import
> duty from the US is silly).

I'm waiting till we start chucking our 10s 20s 4s and 5s,  but thats
not likely to happen until the summer.

> An SS1000 would be Very Nice, too. ;)

We just flogged 4 of them for 2500 gbp, I wasnt allowed to skip them
as apparently they are worth money.

> btw: Does anyone know of *any* second-hand Sun places in the UK
> or Europe?

www.acara.co.uk

But they want silly money,   example  800gbp for a sparcstation2, 64mb ram,
1gb disk, cg3 gfx and 17" monitor.  Fortunately I have managed to get
three of these my work by supplying the skip!

--Paul
--Computing Offcier, UKC