[rescue] WTB: IBM IDE HD

Zach Malone rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jan 1 23:17:18 CST 1996

Hello,
    Seagate makes beutiful SCSI drives currently.  I bought a 18.2gb
15,000rpm drive almost a year ago now, and I love it to death.  It is
reasonably quiet, very cool (compared to most 10,000rpm drives), and is
EXTREMELY fast.  While one example does not prove an entire company to be
good, their SCSI drives have always been the fastest (they were the first to
7200rpm, 10000rpm, and 15000rpm), they are relatively quite, and I have only
had one fail.  The one failure was a 500mb SCSI drive that was involved in a
RAID 0 array, it must have been 6 years ago when that went, have not had one
problem since.
    Zach