[geeks] [rescue] Fwd: Wifi-Ethernet adapter on SPARC 10

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Wed Jul 17 22:25:18 CDT 2019

On 7/16/19 5:22 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On 7/16/19 4:14 PM, Sandwich Maker wrote:
>>  i know
>> they do fiber b/c my friend in atkinson got it from fairpoint not long
>> after they took over from verizon.
>
> Huh.  Interesting.  I've not heard one word about either Fairpoint or
> Consolidated rolling fiber to rural NH since Verizon sold off their
> physical infrastructure to Fairpoint (and Fairpoint almost went under
> trying to absorb it).

After finding out where Atkinson *IS*, I'd be prepared to bet that's
fiber Verizon had already laid before they sold off the NNE physical
plant.  I'd bet Fairpoint never laid a meter of new residential fiber
since they took it over, and my guess is Consolidated hasn't either.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  phils at caerllewys.net