[geeks] New Emulator Machine

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 09:12:05 CDT 2019

On Sat, 30 Mar 2019, 00:12 William Barnett-Lewis, <wlewisiii at gmail.com>
wrote:

So  Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics

I figure you are going with AMD for better open source integration? It
figures, I am planning on the same and have done some research.

If you fit a Radeon an RX Vega graphics card and are planning to push it to
it's maximum capabilities you will need a 750+ Watt power supply as those
things eat power like shovelling coal into a boiler.

An RX 590 would be a less powerful (as in compute power) option but still a
respectable GPU with a much lower power draw.

If you want to stay high end a Radeon VII will return hugely better
performance for the same power and less heat and noise, but at a very large
price, potentially currently unobtainium, and open source support leaves a
bit of a question mark as they are very new.

--

Mark