[geeks] Small monitor?

Nathan Raymond nraymond at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 21:24:19 CDT 2018

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 9:59 PM Mouse <mouse at rodents-montreal.org> wrote:

> I have a small machine - architecturally a peecee :-( - which I
> sometimes take with me on trips.  I'd like a portable monitor to go
> with it.  It doesn't need to handle more than text console, but it is
> important that it be physically small (say, in the 4 to 8 diagonal-inch
> range) and handle a DE-15 ("VGA") video feed.

While I don't have first hand experience, I've been contemplating something
similar for a few years and casually tracking the market. If you're willing
to use some sort of converter to go from VGA to HDMI (they make some very
small ones now), you'll expand you choices considerably these days.

> Anyone have any recommendations, positive or negative, or other
> thoughts on the matter?

There are some available sold by third party companies, fulfilled by Amazon
(so Prime shipping) such as this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BFF84T6

$76.99 for a "Portable HDMI Monitor Mini Display 7 inch Support Raspberry
Pi 1024x600 Compatible with 1920x1080 for PS4 Xbox xbox360 Computer MAC
Laptop"... the actual specs look decent.

- Nate