[geeks] [rescue] Hardware Recommendations for upgrading sunhelp.org?

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Mon Oct 1 18:25:03 CDT 2018

> [W]hat Oracle wanted for a support contract, just to get patches, was
> more than sunhelp.org has brought in, in income, total, in the past
> twenty-one years that I've run the site.

That's relevant only if you run their software, though, isn't it?  On
all but the very most recent hardware I'd expect Linux to run fine
(well, as fine as Linux ever does), on most at least a few of the BSDs
also.  Are my expectations wrong?

> Plus, I refuse to give them business due to moral reasons.

I sure can't disagree with you there.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org