[geeks] Hardware Recommendations for upgrading sunhelp.org?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Oct 1 12:09:13 CDT 2018

Due to my mom's passing, I have some inheritance with which to rebuild
and upgrade sunhelp.org (which also hosts my personal mail, websites for a
few people, a couple of VMs.. it's my main core server).

I already have a case and PS.

Need recs on

1: ryzen/motherboard/32g ram with as many SATA ports as possible
OR
2: i7/motherboard that takes DDR3 (I already have a bunch of DDR3) with
   as many SATA ports as possible.

Budget: $600 or less.

Thoughts?

Doesn't have to be current gen, just good for the money - current system is
an AMD Phenom II X4 960T with 16G RAM and four 1TB SATA drives so I want
something newer than that with at LEAST 4cores/8threads or better.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas USA