[geeks] Amazing! Tales from the Dell T30 trenches...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 18:02:14 CST 2018

Hello all,

So last week I got my new Dell T30 server - and I quite like it so far - but I
had to drag a TV over to the workbench to start working on the box... it
wouldn't work on my USB/VGA KVM. Seems the one feature I took for granted was
that there was a VGA HD-15 connector on the server - there's not!

As a server it has 2x DisplayPort and 1x HDMI video ports! (Along with basic
audio in/out - again, on a server.)

Anyway, I just picked up a $10 DisplayPort to VGA adapter.

I've never seen that before, but that does tell me this would make a very
beefy desktop for a user, but the video options are limited, as the PCI-E
ports are limited to 4x.

Just wanted to share...