[geeks] Cat 6a suggestions

Nicolai nicolai-geeks at chocolatine.org
Sat Feb 10 12:08:18 CST 2018

Hey all,

I want to run a ~200-foot cable to my basement.  Been a long time since
I've dealt with cabling, and looking into this I learned that cat 6e is
a marketing term which may legally mean anything.  So I'd like to go
with 6a.

Is there anything else I should be aware of?  I see there are both
traditional "round" and now flat cables, which apparently are easier to
run underneath doors.  Any characteristics to look for?  Manufacturers?
Anything?  I'm thinking just about any 6a cable I treat carefully will
be fine, just want to make sure.

Thanks,
Nicolai