[geeks] Q: Affordable soldering station

Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Mon Dec 3 18:57:13 CST 2018

> [...] I think I'll need and I want something better than my 20
> year-old Radio Shack 25 watt soldering iron.

I can totally understand that.

> Suggestions?

I have a Hakko, bought before I knew the name, and I've been nothing
but happy with it.  I don't know the model number - it's in a different
building from me at the moment - but I should be able to get it within
a couple of days.  I think I paid $99, though it was long enough ago I
am not sure - it was on special at the time.

Someone summarized it to me as something like "Wellers are decent
irons; Hakkos are good irons; Metcals are great irons".

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org