[geeks] Documentation Viewer Recommendation

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Apr 11 21:35:11 CDT 2018

On Wed, 11 Apr 2018, William Barnett-Lewis wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 8:42 PM, Jonathan Patschke <jp at celestrion.net> wrote:
> since Apple decided
>> to make the first laptop that won't work with Vim.
>
> Eh? Is this something in the newest version of the OS?

They've removed the escape key and replaced it with a gee-whiz colorized
touchscreen.  Part of (near where "F1" used to be) is sometimes used to
generate an escape keypress, but it's context-sensitive.

I use the remainder of the F-keys in Vim for tab management and running
build/diff scripts.  They've all been removed unless I want to hold down a
"fn" key.

So now I carry a ThinkPad, grit my teeth, and deal with Windows for
whatever won't run on FreeBSD.

--
Jonathan Patschke
Austin, TX