[geeks] music collection flac and mp3 by device

Nathan Raymond nraymond at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 13:15:54 CDT 2016

You can right-click and see a bunch of alternate version of albums. I find
that it gets relatively close to the right album most of the time, but
about half the time I manually select the right one (typically minor
regional varations that most often just affect artwork). If you think the
website might have an album that isn't being auto-selected, you can go to
the website from the app, and then there will be links in the website next
to any album that when clicked are a special type of url that will pass
back to the running program an 'empty' version of an album ready to have
the tracks dragged to it for tagging.

I have add-on scripts to do things like remove "with [so and so]" from the
artist field and move that to the track field. I always manually
check/correct genre, adding it when it's missing.

Regarding what Picard doesn't have, you can join their community (I did)
and now when I rip an album that is not in their database (which is rare),
I scan the artwork and submit the tracks to the database, and pretty much
right away the Picard app will pick up the new entry and use it. I feel
better about that than if I just one-off manually entered the metadata just
locally for my own purposes alone.