[geeks] Raw disk access under Solaris

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Sep 7 10:05:15 CDT 2016

" From: JP Hindin <jplist2008 at kiwigeek.com>
"
" I had a bunch of things to try last night, thanks to all... unfortunately
" my Ultra2's power supply appears to have decided to fail repeatedly.
" Previously it might reset itself sporadically - just randomly when you
" were in the middle of something. I'd assumed a power supply rail voltage
" instability.
"
" As of last night it bounces every few minutes, so I can't even boot the
" system anymore. :/
"
" Anyone know of any standard failure modes of the U2 power supply? Anyone
" got a spare?

i can only say i hope it isn't age-related - my server is a u1...