[geeks] Raw disk access under Solaris

JP Hindin jplist2008 at kiwigeek.com
Wed Sep 7 09:23:06 CDT 2016

On Tue, 6 Sep 2016, Jonathan Katz wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 8:00 PM, JP Hindin <jplist2008 at kiwigeek.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, 6 Sep 2016, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
>>
>>> I think if /dev/rdsk/c0t0dwhatever exists, you can use dd on that.
>>
>> Unfortunately the kernel also enumerates /dev/rdsk/ in the same manner as
>
> Have you just tried /dev/dsk/c0t0d# without a slice?

I had a bunch of things to try last night, thanks to all... unfortunately
my Ultra2's power supply appears to have decided to fail repeatedly.
Previously it might reset itself sporadically - just randomly when you
were in the middle of something. I'd assumed a power supply rail voltage
instability.

As of last night it bounces every few minutes, so I can't even boot the
system anymore. :/

Anyone know of any standard failure modes of the U2 power supply? Anyone
got a spare?

Thanks to all, again;

  - JP