[geeks] Best way to bridge FDDI (CDDI) <----> Ethernet<--->Ethernet?

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon May 4 22:17:51 CDT 2015

> On May 4, 2015, at 8:50 PM, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I need to manage to bridge CDDI (copper FDDI) and ethernet and I'd rather
not use a big honking Pentium 4 server to do it...what are some small and
lightweight (and cheap!) alternatives.  Failing that...I'll just move some
systems around.

> No, moving the system to ethernet is not an option as I only know of 2
ethernet cards in existence for the system.

Catalyst 5000 with FDDI card, WS-C1400 with CDDI and FDDI cards.  Neither of
them have pentiums in them, if you look at them from far away they look small
and if you never pick them up you wonbt know how heavy they are. :)