[geeks] SSD for MacBook Pro

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Fri Jun 26 17:08:06 CDT 2015

On 06/26/15 18:04, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On 06/26/15 16:53, Bill Bradford wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 09:32:15PM -0400, hike wrote:
>>> My question is what is a good SSD for the Mac?
>>> I need a 480GB--512GB SSD.
>>
>> Intel, Samsung, or OWC.
>>
>> The Samsung problems are due to ext4 + queued TRIM under Linux, AFAIK.
>

> Hmm.  Didn't realize it was specific to ext4.  I long since stopped
> using the ext* filesystems.  Their day has passed; there are better
> filesystems out there.

Afterthought:  If the TRIM bug isn't an issue, then ABSOLUTELY my first
recommendation would be a VNAND Samsung 850 EVO.  Not only do they
perform extremely well, but as previously mentioned, Samsung has enough
confidence in them to put a *ten-year* warranty on them.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  phils at caerllewys.net