[geeks] SSD for MacBook Pro

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 20:32:15 CDT 2015

I recently received a hand-me-down MacBook Pro.  It's the old-style unibody
with a DVD drive.  It is the current "2012 to Present" model with an Intel
Core i5 CPU.  It is actually from a 2012 purchase.  I want to set it up for
my spouse who is currently using a 5 year old model with a Core 2 Duo CPU.

The 16GB memory (2 x 8GB) from my Mac Mini works great in the 2012 MacBook
Pro.  I tried loading Yosemite on my 240GB Crucial SSD and everything works
great and runs faster than the 2012 with 4GB of memory and a 5400RPM HD.

My question is what is a good SSD for the Mac?

I need a 480GB--512GB SSD.

Crucial
OWC--MacSales
???