[geeks] [rescue] VirtualBox anecdotes - was Re: A wee bit off-topic

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 11:14:59 CDT 2015

You can disagree all you want, but if I build my own PC (no MS tax), go
online, join the 'insiders program' and download the technical preview of Win
10 now, once released that software will be updated to the released version
and I am able to do fresh re-installs from release media.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/6/20/8818383/microsoft-windows-10-free-for-teste
rs

Yes, you can argue that your Win7 purchase 5+ years ago amounts to 'paying a
windows tax' to qualify for free upgrade, but the above describes how to get
Win10 for free without ever having to pay a windows tax.

Lionel