[geeks] Sun SSP monkeying - any SSP 'experts' about?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 16:22:18 CDT 2014

What amazed me was that her entire counter-argument was that customers would
want it...

The company was in the clinical trial IVRS business, and we needed (at the
time) duplicate hard line phone connections (not VoIP) and the telephony cards
were very expensive. To double our hardware investment and maintain a warm
fail-over recovery site was a non-trivial investment.

She just knew that it would look good in a sales brochure...

And of course, I was the problem, because I told her flat out what she
'insisted' we needed was too expensive. She only 'understood' when the head of
the company told her what I said was correct - not that she ever admitted it
to me.

Lionel