[geeks] Best external drive array?

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Oct 31 15:37:09 CDT 2014

On Fri, 31 Oct 2014, Michael-John Turner wrote:

> Have you considered a case that can take a metric buttload of disks?
> Something like a Norco RPC-4020, RPC-4220, RPC-4224 or similar (for
> those

I have not had the best luck with Norco cases.  Their SATA connectors are
really fragile.  Even being particularly gentle, I've lost two on an
RPC-4020 to mechanical fatigue.

There's also this problem (which Norco have hopefully fixed by now):

         http://wsyntax.com/cs/killer-norco-case/

--
Jonathan Patschke | "Do the difficult things while they are easy and do
Elgin, TX         |  the great things while they are small."