[geeks] [rescue] Guns - what are they good for? - was Re: TME and Apple II and other Drive emulator questions.

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Fri May 23 09:24:34 CDT 2014

"What has your neighbour been up to? Personally I prefer a more intimate
form of violence ... I wonder how that auction for the battleaxe is
going?"

The first thing that I was taught was bDonbt let the attacker get close
youb.

A gun can prevent that, sometimes.  Gun can breach outb a relatively long
distance while a knife requires a much closer distanceban armbs length.
By
sometimes, a LEO Gun & Tactic Trainer told me that most modern gunfights
are at a distance of 12-15 feet.  Thatbs awfully close AND a purpose-driven
attacker can reach you at that distance in 1 second or less.

While I worked with a group from South Philly, they told me, bYou always
fight a person with a knife; you never fight a person with a gunb.
Thatbs
one reason why a gun is better.

Now, if you want to harm someone, thatbs a different story.  The closer you
are tells the LEOs the more personally involved with the victim you are.
 Thatbs why the ice pick, the Craftsman flat blade screwdriver and now Ikea
furniture (??) are dead giveaways for domestic violence.