[geeks] [rescue] Guns - what are they good for? - was Re: TME and Apple II and other Drive emulator questions.

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Thu May 15 13:02:08 CDT 2014

On 05/15/14 09:31, sammy ominsky wrote:
> Someone wrote:
>
>>> a lot of dead kids and toddlers for no particularly good reason.
>
> Can you define "a lot"?  I know it happens, but I believe it's less often than
> you might think.

Propaganda aside, the number is FAR fewer than die every year as a
result of accidents involving *each of* bicycles, swimming pools,
skateboards, and bathtubs.  Not to mention fires and accidental
poisonings.  A common trick of gun control organizations is to use a
definition of "child" that includes adults up to 22, 23, even 26 years
of age, because doing so allows them to reclassify deaths in inner-city
drug-gang turf wars - which is to say, more than two thirds of all
firearm homicides in the US - as "child deaths".

"A word means what I want it to mean; nothing more, and nothing less."

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  phils at caerllewys.net