[geeks] Windows 8.1

artisan at k-huhn.com artisan at k-huhn.com
Mon Jun 16 21:41:17 CDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 10:14:18PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> As far as I can figure out, the logic process went something like,
> "People use our software on multiple platforms, and to avoid confusing
> them we should have a consistent user interface and experience.  We
> can't make a phone work like a PC, so let's make everything else work
> like a phone."
>
> Yeeeeeeaaaaaaaah, that's why I modified my car to work like a freaking
> roller skate.   *NOT.*

I have used a Surface Pro 1, 2 and now 3.  They might be fine things for
being a tablet - if only they had a decent tablet interface.

Win 8 is not that interface.

It is still a PC OS, heavily dependent on a keyboard (sold separately)
and mouse.  To do anything more than surf social media and read (not
respond to) emails, you will be craving an actual laptop.

Give me a Samsung Galaxy Tab any day.

--
Kurt Huhn              | Non Timeo Magnus Malus Lupus
artisan at k-huhn.com     |