[geeks] RAID quirks and terminology

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 11:29:19 CDT 2014

I'm confused.

A2 was a mirror of A1, or part of a stripe pair with A1? How does striping
figure into this?

If you wrote a file onto this array, how many copies would there be?

Assuming each drive has the same capacity ('n'), what was the total storage
available to the user? I'm guessing 3n/2? RAID5 would give you 2n wouldn't
it?

Why did you think this was better than RAID5? Lower computational overhead?

Why wouldn't this be RAID5? This is how I describe RAID5 to folks...

Lionel