[geeks] Replacement for SA-700

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 19:01:29 CDT 2014

Hello, Again,

We have a gently used Juniper SA700, that has been pretty 'ok' but has
started to give us problems [1].  Looking for recommendations for a
similar, but newer (perhaps even brand-new) [2] device.

This device lives in our rack at the colocation site, it's only purpose in
life is to give the admins 'out of band' management to the IPMI interfaces,
NAS storage, and switches that live in the rack.

[1] It is not cost efficient to visit the colo site 'just' to reboot the
VPN device that allows us to manage gear.

[2] My former work mate got a good deal for this, on e-bay.  9 months
later, I'm sure how good a deal it was ...

--
Brian Dunbar

"Display some adaptability"