[geeks] electric power [was: [rescue] Need Build Help]

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Jun 4 19:57:02 CDT 2014

" Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 19:22:30 -0400
" From: Nick B <nick at pelagiris.org>
"
" Yes, we need breeders.  And yes, we need non-first gen designs.  Sadly our
" current administration has made it pretty plain that we will get nothing,
" and we will like it.

i'm not sure we could manage even improved designs with adequate
safety, though.  but i'd like to see them reopen hanford and prove me
wrong.

" We also shut down our only long term waste site
" (Yucca Mountain) in a move that was at best questionable.  The interesting
" bit about that is the US Government is legally required to, and paid to,
" have a long term waste site.

yes, that is rather ummm political, but one of the justifications for
yucca mtn's safety is evidence for a natural reactor in the congo, in
an area around uranium mines.  the difference is that yucca mtn is
today; the congo reactor was 1.7 billion years ago.  yeah, it's safe
-now-...

" On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 6:35 PM, Sandwich Maker <adh at an.bradford.ma.us>